Galaxy Dance Company of CSOD
The date is set for auditions for our 5th season of the Galaxy Dance Company of Cierra's School of Dance! New to company? It's our competition team. Dancers ages 3-18 are able to audition for GDC. Dancers will learn a lot about dance and themselves through being on our team! So many opportunities for Awards, performances, learning from incredible worldwide instructors, as well as opportunities for more dances in the spring recital (yes, including solo opportunities!!)
Auditions are set for Friday August 2nd, 5:00-7:00pm. All dancers should wear all black dance attire, hair in a bun or ponytail. Audition fee is $20 each unless you pre-committed prior to our deadline, then your audition is FREE!
What to expect at auditions? Dancers will perform barre combinations with their age groups, across the floor technique, center work, learn a dance to perform in small groups, and anyone who wants a solo will have to improv in their desired solo dance genre.
So what are the requirements? Well, there are 6 levels of Company:
- Sparkling Stars (approximate ages 3-6) - must take at least one (any) class this fall and spring as well as GDC rehearsals.
- Starlettes (approximate ages 5-10) - must take at least ballet this fall and spring as well as GDC rehearsals.
- Super Stars (approximate ages 8-12) -must take at least ballet and at least one other class of their choice this fall and spring as well as GDC rehearsals.
- All Stars (approximate ages 10-15) must take at least ballet, stretch and technique, and 1 elective this fall and spring as well as GDC rehearsals.
- Shining Stars (approximate ages 12-16) - must take at least ballet, stretch & technique, and 2 electives this fall and spring as well as GDC rehearsals.
- Shooting Stars (approximate ages 14-18) - must take at least ballet, stretch & technique, and 2 electives this fall and spring as well as GDC rehearsals.
You will find out what level each dancer makes it into, whether or not they received a solo, and how many dances they make it into right after auditions!
Our competition team attends 3 competitions per season. They also perform all of their competition routines in our annual spring recital. They also have other performance opportunities throughout the year.
If interested in attending auditions, please email me for the audition form!
Company members receive free camps, 50% off parties, plus a 10% discount on Fall/Spring tuition. There is a $50 monthly company fee that covers all company costumes, accessories, jackets, etc. The competition fees are due two months prior to each competition date. You will know the fees and dates directly following the auditions.
When you show up to auditions, the audition packet/contract must be completed and turned in. No dancer will be allowed to audition without that packet turned in prior.